BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Climate Change


























I believe that God uses nature to get His point across. It mentions in the Bible that nature cries out. When Jesus was crucified, the world went dark for awhile and there was an earthquake. There was also an earthquake that set Paul and Silas free from jail. When God got mad at how evil the world had become, he caused a flood to cover the earth for 40 days. (By the way, this is one of His favorite numbers - check it out in the Bible.) I once asked God to give me a sign that I was pregnant, that it would thunder but no storm would be outside. And He did! Elijah asked God that it not rain (and it didn't for 3 1/2 years), and later that it would rain.
And God uses these things to be outward parables of what He's doing spiritually. Droughts will be both literal and spiritual. Floods will be both also. Tornados represent judgment. He caused 'hellfire and brimstone' to Sodom and Gomorrah for judment. I'm not sure what happened there physically, but they were wiped off the map (literally.) I heard prophecies to New Orleans to repent, or be cleansed the year before Hurricane Katrina. And He uses wind. There are many scriptures where wind represents the Holy Spirit.
I'm not saying that every disaster is judgment on a group of people. I'm saying that God often uses nature to say things. And that the Bible says in the end days there will be earthquakes and climate signs.
I think we're there....

0 comments: