BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hope and Change


The election last year was eye-opening in many ways, but the thing that shouldn't surprise anyone is that people are looking for something different. Something new. They are looking for a leader to take them to the Promise Land....

In the election, one of the candidates was called the Messiah, and gave speeches like it was a revival. This candidate ran on Hope and Change.
May I offer Jesus as the True Messiah, and the ONLY one that can bring real hope and real change. Change for the better starts with each and every one of us. It has to come from the heart, which is what Jesus will do for you.
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1-3
Yes, we need hope, but we also need faith, which comes from hearing the word of God.
"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." Romans 10:16-18
And we have faith, knowing that God promises many things in His word (the Bible) and that, as His children, we can claim those promises. God is truth and He cannot lie. God's children can stand on His promises. By FAITH.
"Without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:5-7
Only God can truly change a person. Our personalities are molded by age 6 and by 6th grade, there's little change in most people after that. Except Jesus. Jesus can totally change a person's heart. I know because I'm one of them. I had no remorse when I was younger. I only got upset if I got caught, but I wasn't sorry. It wasn't until I hit rock bottom that I sought out a Bible study leader that I didn't even know. I thought I was going crazy. I literally was driving a car on an interstate and thought about driving into oncoming traffic. That day I called this person I didn't even know, and they told me how I can ask Jesus in my heart. I had to think about it overnight. I knew when I made that decision, that I would be ending my previous life. I thought about that, and decided to let Jesus 'take the wheel' of my life. And I did. I got on my knees and said I couldn't do it anymore. I needed Him to take control. I've never regretted it. It's the peace I enjoy the most. Yes, bad things still happen because satan is in charge of this world, but "Greater is He who is in me, than He that is in the world."
I finally had real change. A change to my heart. And my heart changed my actions. And then my life changed for the better. And the more I grow in Jesus, the better it gets.
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5.
Try Jesus for REAL Hope and Change

0 comments: