BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Living on borrowed time

This past Sunday during praise and worship, the Lord revealed to me that I am on borrowed time. It gives me such perspective when things get tough like they have been lately... As a toddler, I had my stomach pumped three times (rat poison, roach poison, and a bottle of baby aspirin.) As a teen, I was in Mexico with several families and went swimming in big thunderstorm, not knowing it was a tropical storm. The undertow sucked us out far, and the waves got 3 stories high, and I fought it for over an hour but lost all strength. I remember thinking it wouldn't be a bad death... Then an arm grabbed around my collarbone and a younger guy friend was somehow getting me to shore. Another guy in the surf died a little bit later. And last year, my vehicle was spinning on the interstate in heavy rain, and just as it was about to go in the oncoming lane with an 18 wheeler coming, we miraculously stopped. Yes, borrowed time for sure. There's no telling how many other close calls that I don't even know about. Once we give our lives to Jesus, our old lives are gone. We are crucified with Him, and then our lives are His. 

Rest assured, you can trust that your new life in Christ is a life of adventure, yet you have eternal peace. The best of both worlds. 

0 comments: