BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Are you looking forward to heaven?

Or does the thought of it scare you a little... The more you get to know God, the more you will look forward to it. And the more you know Him, the more you will trust Him... with everything, but especially with eternity. Actually, my fear of death as a child is what lead me to Him. Death is so final. Starting at a young age, I watched loved ones, one by one, march into their graves, never to be seen again. This terrified me. I had anxiety attacks as a child, as I didn't understand. My favorite relative, my great-grandmother died suddenly, and was plucked from my life. I just didn't understand.

I started my quest for understanding in my teen years. I studied all of the religions. And my dear, sweet mother, kept telling me that Jesus loves me so much. I didn't know Him then, but after my father's stroke that nearly killed him, I sought a Christian lady that was holding a Bible study in my college dorm. She explained if I gave everything over to Jesus, and let Him take the wheel, then I would have peace now, and someday would be with Him in heaven, as He promised. I had to think about it overnight. I knew that my life would change. Ultimately I didn't think it could get any worse. The next morning I got on my knees, and asked Jesus to take over. I couldn't do it any more. I was flooded with relief. I was flooded with peace. I knew it was real. I could feel Jesus.
The more I get to know Him, the more I love Him. And, although I still have work to do in my life for Him, I am looking forward to spending eternity with Him and all my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Invite Him in. You will never regret it...
No Jesus, No peace.
Know Jesus, Know peace.

0 comments: