BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 12, 2010

Why do you think it's called a 'Fast'

I think I'm going to do a fast. It's time. It's past time. Jesus said, "when we fast" (not if.) There are fasts all through the Bible, when you want to cut straight to the Father. Somehow God listens when we fast, I don't make the rules, that's just the way He set it up. Things just happen quicker. And you can hear Him better. When we fast, somehow the distractions don't distract as much.

A few years ago, we had a missionary come to our church who had been on a plane. He sat next to a man with a pastor-looking collar, and when he asked the man what church he was associated with, the man answered, "the church of satan." (And he wasn't joking.) This man said he had just been to a conference where they fasted to break up Christian marriages. (This still gives me chills.) But I realized, that the enemy and his people are willing to go to great lengths to get what they want, even fasting.
If we care for people as Christians, then we should fast too. It's not fun or enjoyable, but the end result is very satisfying. All of the Christians I know - ALL of them, believe we are in the end times. There isn't much time left. For me, it's time to fast.

0 comments: