BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

For some the angels come

When my youngest child was a baby, I needed a babysitter since I would be away for several days on a business trip. She was a wonderful African American woman, a devout Christian, who's day job was an RN for a hospice. She had been with my step grandmother when she died, and she had been with some of my mother's friends when they passed. This woman worked daily on the threshold of life and death. She sat with people until they passed on to the next life. I shall never forget her words, "I can always tell which ones the angels come for..." after I had asked her what it was like when people died. She said, when they were strong believers in Christ, they always went peacefully. They saw people from heaven visit them in the weeks before they passed. This comforted me, because my mother saw her father when she was dying from cancer a few weeks before she died. She was not on pain medication, and was very straight in her head. I also remember when her best friend died of cancer. She kept having a dream of her loved ones who were all behind a fence, but it was only a few of her loved ones, not all. I have a current friend who's mother is in ill health, and she saw her (dead) husband open a car door, and inside were many of her relatives. She keeps saying it's almost her time. I loved my step grandmother, but she could not forgive a grown son for something. She had written him out of her will, and had not spoken to him for 10 years. The hospice lady said in her very last moment she sat up and shouted his name, and then passed. It was not peaceful.

The Bible says that the Lord will send His angels to accompany His children when they pass, to take them to His presence.
I hope you're one of those souls.

0 comments: