BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 3, 2010

Abba means Daddy

Remember that people will let you down, but God never will. People are still human but God is perfect. One of the hardest things for a person is when a parent lets them down. Parents should be role models, and yet still fall short of what they should be in many cases. But God is our heavenly Father and will never leave us or forsake us. 

When I was growing up, my (earthly) father told us (his children) that he wished he would've never had children. He didn't come to our events. He was verbally abusive. The list goes on.... I would imagine at the time it was like climbing in a tree, and having the limb sawn off - often. I longed for a dad that would think I was beautiful and let me sit in his lap. 
I tell my heavenly Father this now when I talk to Him. I often wake up and tell Him, "Please hold me, Daddy (Abba), I need You." And He finds one of His children to hug me when I need a hug. It is possible to come out of the worst home situations and be one of the most productive for God. For me, the verse, "He who is forgiven much, loves much" certainly comes alive for me. 

0 comments: